AREAS OF FOCUS
The technology areas that will be prioritized for consideration during the application process include but are not limited to:
- Smart City/IoT Technologies
- Clean Construction Tech
- Alternative Energy Sources
- Alternative Meat
- Negative Emission Technologies (i.e., carbon capture, carbon storage)
- “Decarbonization SAAS” (carbon market software; software to help corporate ESG reporting)
- Connect with top industry experts in 1:1 settings
- Unlock a global network of 200+ mentors
- The possibility of having an industry leader join your board
- Pitch to the world’s top venture capital firms
- A 4 week program utilizing the ‘Dreams & Details’ innovation leadership framework created by Jim Snabe, (Chair, Siemens; former Chairman, Maersk) and Mikael Trolle (CEO, Volleyball Denmark)
- Access beyond the US, particularly to European markets
- NO EQUITY TAKEN!! And FREE to participate
While MassChallenge supports a wide array of early to late-stage startups – the Decarbonization program is designed to support early-mid stage companies that possess a validated product/solution ready for scaling. See a more thorough breakdown of the criteria below:
- Series A - working towards investment round or achieved
- Have generated revenue in the last 2 years (not being profitable is accepted)
- Validated product/solution for scaling – has enabled at least 2 proof of concepts (pilots)
- 5-6 hours/week commitment for 4 weeks; to complete the program certification
- The startup has to be able to demonstrate capacity to reduce CO2 emissions in the atmosphere
Please note these are guidelines, not firm requirements. While funding and revenue are important factors in enterprise readiness, we also look at team strength, product/market fit, customer traction etc.
- Application period October 3rd - November 5th
- AMA session October 13th (register for the AMA here)
- Startups notified December 16th
- Program January 2023 - February 17th, 2023
- Demo day March 2023
How to Apply
- Register for a MassChallenge personal account
- Create a startup profile (on company dashboard)
- Start your application on your Company Dashboard (My Companies > Dashboard)
- Learn about other MassChallenge programs on our Programs page.
About Kaplak Partners
Kaplak Partners connects the world’s best entrepreneurs with institutions working to reinvent themselves from a position of strength. Headquartered in New York City and Copenhagen, Kaplak Partners equips startups with the expert advice, framework, and opportunities needed to disrupt and scale, and provides legacy organizations with access to some of the most innovative up-and-coming businesses.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: How do I apply to your program?
A: You can apply to our Decarbonization program via our Accelerate platform. Click here to learn more on how to apply.
Q: Are there any in-person components for the accelerator program?
A: Our accelerator program is mostly remote – however we do host in-person networking opportunities – all of which are optional attendance.
Q: What is the required time commitment to participate in the program?
A: On average, startups dedicate at least 5 hours per week to the program. This includes meetings with partners, partner deliverables, and networking events. We require at least 1 representative from your team to be present on scheduled virtual events